GET INVOLVED IN THE FOOTBALL V HOMOPHOBIA MONTH OF ACTION
If you want to get involved with the Football v Homophobia Month of Action there are a number of things you can do
1. DESIGNATE A GAME
During February Month of Action, you could nominate a game to be a Match v Homophobia. This could include:
- Adding our logo to any of the game materials
- A news story about the game on your website or social media in the build-up
- An article in your match day programme (We can offer text and design input as required)
- Asking your players to wear an FvH T-shirt during warm-up
- Providing stewards with FvH badges or stickers to wear during the games
- Inviting local LGBT organisations to the game
- Displaying FvH posters around the stadium
- Asking players to talk about the need to tackle homophobia, if they are happy to do this
- Use the hashtag #FvH2023 in any social media communications
- Holding a Football v Homophobia awareness event for people during February either in-person or online (FvH can provide advice and support for this)
- Holding a Football v Homophobia youth tournament which can be supported by the FvH team
- Hosting a half-day Football v Homophobia workshop for community coaches which the FvH team could support/deliver
- If your youth coaches are already confident to tackle homophobia, asking them to wear Football v Homophobia badges, t-shirts and/or wristbands during February
Clubs can have a role in engaging supporters in the Football v Homophobia campaign. This could involve:
- Making supporters aware of any action the club is intending to take and including them in the initiative e.g. making them aware of a designated game and asking them to get involved. This could be as simple as: communicating the Month of Action via their own social media.
- supporters groups could hold a supporters panel discussion on the issues, supporters could hold their own match v homophobia or the club could hold a fun competition for supporters e.g. asking supporters to come up with the best club campaign to tackle homophobia, the best football song to tackle homophobia or the best anti-homophobia kit.
Football v Homophobia can provide a number of different training opportunities which can help people at all levels of your club have a greater understanding of the issues around LGBT+ inclusion in football and greater confidence in making the club more inclusive. For an extensive list of the training and associated costs go to https://www.footballvhomophobia.com/training-programme/
Football v Homophobia provides a range of merchandise, which can be purchased through our online store https://www.footballvhomophobia.com/shop/
- Pin Badges
- Wrist bands
Larger orders of discounted merchandise can be negotiated by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information and support to get involved, email email@example.com
WHAT WE'LL DO
As well as providing support for any different actions you choose to take during the Month of Action, Football v Homophobia will also help promote your good work in this area. We will provide designated social media posts for all your activity and will give you a place on the #FvH2023 Champions Page.
We want to help share the good news of your support for the Month of Action and, more widely, for your efforts to include LGBT+ people in the game.