FOOTBALL V TRANSPHOBIA
The Football v Transphobia week of action takes place 24 – 31st March 2022, ending on Transgender Day of Visibility
This is the fourth season we will be taking specific action on trans inclusion and transphobia in the game. We will be active across social media, using our presence to amplify the voices of trans people and allies in all aspects of football.
We are encouraging clubs, fans and other football stakeholders to get involved.
In 2022 everyone can get involved.
Designate a game
During the Football v Transphobia Week of Action, you could nominate a game to be a Match v Transphobia. This could include:
- Adding our FvT logo to any of the game materials
- A news story about the game on your website or social media in the build-up
- An article in your match day programme (We can offer text and design input as required)
- Asking your players to wear an FvT T-shirt during warm-up https://www.footballvhomophobia.com/product/football-v-transphobia-t-shirt/ Providing stewards with FvH badges or stickers to wear during the games
- Displaying FvT posters around the stadium or on digital (we can provide digital assets)
- Use the hashtag #FvT2022 in any social media communications
Tell us what you’ve got planned & send us your logo to email@example.com to be included on the #FvT2022 Champions Page
GET TO KNOW YOUR FA TRANS POLICY
- Get to know your FA’s trans policy and learn more about the ways in which trans people can be included in the game
- Understand when the policy needs to be applied, and when it doesn’t (you may be surprised to learn that mixed football is licensed by many FAs up to the age of 16 or 18, and therefor trans policies don’t apply to the junior game)
- Once you know more about your FA trans policy and understand how it impacts what you deliver, share this information to your website or social media pages, so that everyone knows what to expect when they join your club
SUPPORT ON SOCIAL MEDIA
During the week of Action why not show your support for trans people in the game by sharing the #TransFootyAlly message with your friend/followers.
Make a video of yourself sharing a message of support, an image of yourself wearing an FvT shirt https://www.footballvhomophobia.com/product/football-v-transphobia-t-shirt/ or a #TransFootyAlly badge https://www.footballvhomophobia.com/product/limited-edition-trans-footy-ally-badge/
Use the hashtag #FvT2022 and #TransFootyAlly in your post and we’ll share.
Take part in one of our online events:
Including Trans People in Football: The Basics
Football v Transphobia T-shirts
Get yourself hands on some Football v Transphobia merchandise to use during the week of Action
To support your activity, we have a Football v Transphobia t-shirt for you to purchase prior to or during the Week of Action.
Tweet support throughout the week using #TransFootyAlly
RT, share and like our #FvT2022 content