The Justin Campaign
The Justin Campaign was founded in 2008. Our vision is to see football and wider society value the contributions made by all people regardless of their gender and sexuality. To do this we challenge discrimination and prejudice against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in order to create welcoming and inclusive football environments.
Our objectives are as follows:
- To raise the participation of LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered) people in football at a grassroots level
- To foster an environment where professional football players can feel comfortable being open about their sexuality
- To engage with youth and adults through the use of sport and academia with the aim of eliminating discrimination and prejudice against LGBT people
- To work strategically with partners to influence government, policy makers and statutory services to promote healthy lifestyles and well-being among LGBT people
- To creatively challenge the negative stereotypes that surround LGBT people
- To actively challenge by any civil means any form of prejudice and discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and gender identity
How we work
In addition to FvH , we focus our work on three other key areas:
- the arts
- grassroots football
To find out more visit the Justin Campaign’s home site.