‘68% of fans say clubs should do more to educate fans about homophobia’*
FvH is a powerful and recognisable banner that can help you to take a clear stand against homophobia, underpinned by long term, education based change.
February month of action – communicating your involvement
Our February month of action provides a focus for an international, united stand against LGBTphobia in football, where all stakeholders can profile their work for long-term change.
There are a range of things you can do to be involved during February’s month of action:
- Promote the campaign via social media using #FvH2017
- Use our poster resources to put up clear messaging around your ground
- Dedicate a match day to FvH involving:
- A P.A announcement about the campaign
- A feature on FvH in the match programme
- The players, managers and staff wearing FvH kit including t-shirts in the warm up, and – pin badges for pre and post-match press
- Dedication of pitch hoardings or digital banners to show support for FvH
- Build links with your local LGBT club/community organisation
- Get your fans involved
More ideas can be found here in the FA’s free toolkit, with free Football v Homophobia resources downloadable here.
What else does FvH offer your club?
We believe that creating sustainable change in football means working on three levels:
- Policies and procedures – ensuring that all clubs have policies and procedures that are inclusive of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people
- Education – ensuring that all clubs have a good understanding of the issues, challenges, stakeholder needs, and best practice solutions to tackling homophobia and transphobia in the sport
- Communications – ensuring that all stakeholders have the means to take a clear and visible stand against homophobia and transphobia in their club and promote the involvement of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people in football
There are many levels at which your club can engage with the campaign and make the most of our resources. Get in touch to find out how we can work with you. Email email@example.com
* Radio 5 Live 2016
Download a sample match day programme insert, tannoy announcement and website article to show your Club’s support.