“43% of LGB players have heard anti-gay abuse whilst playing grassroots football.”
Do you play grassroots football? Make a difference with your team
FvH aims to make grassroots football a welcoming and inclusive place for everyone, regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation.
Our February Month Of Action provides a focus for an international, united stand against LGBTphobia in football, we want to include clubs at all levels of the game and believe that grassroots clubs can really make a difference to inclusion.
There are a range of things you can do to be involved during February’s month of action:
- Promote the campaign via social media using #FvH2017
- Use our poster resources to put up clear messaging around your ground (you can download these from our resources page or buy them from our online shop)
- Dedicate a match day to FvH involving:
- A P.A announcement or announcement on the pitch about the campaign
- A feature on FvH in the match programme or on your website or social media
- Players or managers wearing FvH t-shirts in the warm-up (You could just buy one t-shirt and pass it round your team throughout February, making sure players get a photo with it and images are shared on social media)
- Invite local LGBT organisations along to your match
- Dedication of pitch hoardings to show support for FvH
- If you have supporters, get them involved
- Contact your local county FA to find out about other FvH events locally
Download a sample match day programme insert, tannoy announcement and website article to show your Club’s support.