On the 18th Feb 2012, the FA launched it’s Action Plan for including lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGB&T) people in football, 2012-2016: Opening Doors and Joining In’.
The plan sets out how the FA will work across 6 themes: education, visibility, partnerships, recognition, reporting and monitoring. In the plan the FA signals it’s support for FvH and its intention to use FvH as a visible mechanism to roll out LGB&T inclusion.
How to make a start
There are loads of simple things that you can do to spread the message of FvH and get involved:
- Follow us and promote us using social media
- Sign up to our news bulletin
- Send information about FvH to your teams, leagues and referees
- Put a splash page on your website to mark February’s FvH focus
- Get your staff kitted out in FvH gear
- Hold events to mark FvH
Resources to support you
At a grassroots level FvH has three aims:
- to help existing football structures be friendly, safe and welcoming for everyone including lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people
- to create new opportunities for LGB&T people to engage in football and
- to improve the representation of LGB&T people throughout football.
To find your local LGB&T team see the GFSN list of gay football teams around the country.
Download resources including fliers, posters and sample articles to show your support of the campaign.